DESIGN AN ELECTRONIC ENABLED ORGANIC COTTON HOUSE SLIPPER FOR FOOT REFLEXOLOGY TREATMENT
Reflexology is gentle manipulation or pressing
on certain parts of the foot, hand and ears to produce an
effect elsewhere in the body. It stems from traditional
Chinese medicine. “The idea is that energy, called ‘chi’ flows
through the body along particular pathways, or meridians”
says Denis Merkas, an acupuncturist and massage therapist.
The idea of this article is to provide reflexology treatment for
the foot by designing a pair of organic cotton house slipper
in which electronically controlled airbags are incorporated at
the flat surface. This helps to stimulate the circulation of the
blood, helping muscle tone, results in enhancing the
calmness and relaxing effects of a foot massage on the whole
Actuation And Pressure Mapping Footwear”, 2018 5th IEEE
Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference On
Electrical, Electronics And Computer Engineering
 Gan-Hon Lin, Wei-Chun Chang, Kuan-Ju Chen, Chen-
Chen Tsai, Sung-Yuan Hu and Li-Li Chen, “Effectiveness of
Acupressure on the Taichong Acupoint in Lowering Blood
Pressure in Patients with Hypertension: A Randomized
Clinical Trial”, Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;
 Raghupathy Anchala, Nanda K. Kannuri, Hira Pant,
Hassan Khan, Oscar H. Franco, Emanuele Di Angelantonio
And Dorairaj Prabhakaran, “Hypertension In India: A
Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis Of Prevalence,
Awareness, And Control Of Hypertension”, Journal Of
Hypertension 2014 Jun; 32(6): 1170–1177.
 Wojciech Kobza, Pawel Lizis, Halina Romualda Zięba,
“Effects Of Feet Reflexology Versus Segmental Massage In
Reducing Pain And Its Intensity, Frequency And Duration Of
The Attacks In Females With Migraine: A Pilot Study Author
Links Open Overlay Panel”, Journal Of Traditional Chinese
Medicine Volume 37, Issue 2, April 2017, Pages 214-219.
 Yingbao Zhao ; Xue-Ling Song ; Chao-Ying Liu ; Zhe-
Ying, “Solenoid Valve Respond Time Test System Basing On
Single Chip Micro-Computer”, Song-2009 International
Conference On Intelligent Human-Machine Systems And
 David O'Regan, Christopher J Kenyon, Jonathan R Seckl
And Megan C Holmes, “Prenatal Dexamethasone
‘Programmes’ Hypotension, But Stress-Induced
Hypertension In Adult Offspring”, In Journal Of
Endocrinology Volume 196: Issue 2, Page 343–352, Feb
 Kunz B. 2003. “Reflexology Health at Your Fingertips:
Hands-on Treatment for Vitality and Well-being”; p. 160
 Traditional and Complementary Medicine Division .
Ministry of Health Malaysia; 2011. Practice Guideline on
Reflexology for Reflexologist Practicing in Malaysia.
2011.pdf Available from: Accessed 03.05.15.
 Rajarajan Ramalingam, Zheng Hu, Carina Gerlach, Olfa
Kanoun, “Shoe Insole with MWCNT–PDMS-Composite
Sensors for Pressure Monitoring”.
 Ziad O. Abu-Faraj, “Leg Length Discrepancy: A Study
on In-Shoe Plantar Pressure Distribution”, Ph.D.§, IEEE
Senior MemberMohamed M. Abdul-Al, B.S., IEEE Student
 Patrick C, Connor ViTRAK Systems Inc “Comparing
and Combining Underfoot Pressure Features for Shod and
Unshod Gait Biometrics”, 2015 IEEE International
Symposium on Technologies for Homeland Security (HST)
 Kunz K., Kunz B. Understanding the science and art of
reflexology. Altern Complement Ther. 1995;1:183–186.
 Blunt E. Foot reflexology. Holist Nurs Pract.
 Zhaoqin Peng1*, Guowei Ma, Jiayue Li, “Human
falling recognition system design with wearable pressure
sensing shoes”, 2017 12th IEEE Conference on Industrial
Electronics and Applications (ICIEA).
 Xavier R. Facts on reflexology (foot massage) Nurs J
 Cade M. “Reflexology”, Kans Nurse. 2002;77:5–6.
To ensure uniformity of treatment among all contributors, other forms may not be substituted for this form, nor may any wording of the form be changed. This form is intended for original material submitted to AJCT and must accompany any such material in order to be published by AJCT. Please read the form carefully.
The undersigned hereby assigns to the Asian Journal of Convergence in Technology Issues ("AJCT") all rights under copyright that may exist in and to the above Work, any revised or expanded derivative works submitted to AJCT by the undersigned based on the Work, and any associated written, audio and/or visual presentations or other enhancements accompanying the Work. The undersigned hereby warrants that the Work is original and that he/she is the author of the Work; to the extent the Work incorporates text passages, figures, data or other material from the works of others, the undersigned has obtained any necessary permission. See Retained Rights, below.
AJCT distributes its technical publications throughout the world and wants to ensure that the material submitted to its publications is properly available to the readership of those publications. Authors must ensure that The Work is their own and is original. It is the responsibility of the authors, not AJCT, to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it.
RETAINED RIGHTS/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Authors/employers retain all proprietary rights in any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the Work.
2. Authors/employers may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce The Work and for the author's personal use or for company or organizational use, provided that the source and any AJCT copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies AJCT endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
3. Authors/employers may make limited distribution of all or portions of the Work prior to publication if they inform AJCT in advance of the nature and extent of such limited distribution.
4. For all uses not covered by items 2 and 3, authors/employers must request permission from AJCT.
5. Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the Work in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use.
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
AJCT Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of AJCT to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of AJCT, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others.
If you are employed and prepared the Work on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the Work belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, AJCT assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
AJCT requires that the consent of the first-named author and employer be sought as a condition to granting reprint or republication rights to others or for permitting use of a Work for promotion or marketing purposes.
1. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment.
2. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AJCT from any damage or expense that may arise in the event of a breach of any of the warranties set forth above.
3. In the event the above work is accepted and published by AJCT and consequently withdrawn by the author(s), the foregoing copyright transfer shall become null and void and all materials embodying the Work submitted to AJCT will be destroyed.
4. For jointly authored Works, all joint authors should sign, or one of the authors should sign as authorized agent
for the others.
Licenced by :