EmpowerSoC: An Open-Source Power Analysis Engine based on Qflow
The paper introduces EmpowerSoC which is an open-source power analysis engine based on the Qflow tool chain. Both active and standby power consumption can be estimated using this tool. Qflow is used to run the RTL to GDSII flow a target design and is a silicon proven flow . Power estimation in EmpowerSoC is done by extracting transistor-level post-layout netlists for various building blocks/cells on an automated basis. It has a user-friendly GUI through which users can set input bit patterns and other simulation parameters. It has been tested on various digital blocks and the obtained results have been presented.
 Yosys Open Synthesis Suite. http://bygone.clairexen.net/yosys/
 Qrouter. http://opencircuitdesign.com/qrouter/
 OpenSTA : Timing Analysis Tool. https://github.com/The-OpenROAD-Project/OpenSTA
 Magic : VLSI Layout Tool. http://opencircuitdesign.com/magic/
 Weste, N. H. E., Harris, D. M.,Weste, N. H. E. (2005). CMOS VLSI design: A circuits and systems perspective. Boston: Pearson/Addison-Wesley.
 OSU Standard Cell Library. https://vlsiarch.ecen.okstate.edu/flows/
 Ngspice - Open Source Spice Simulator. http://ngspice.sourceforge.net
 JTAG Test Access Port. http://www.opencores.org/projects/jtag/
 OpenLane : RTL to GDSII Flow. https://github.com/The-OpenROAD-Project/OpenLane
 D. Shah, E. Hung, C. Wolf, S. Bazanski, D. Gisselquist and M. Milanovic, ”Yosys+nextpnr: An Open Source Framework from Verilog to Bitstream for Commercial FPGAs,” 2019 IEEE 27th Annual International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM), 2019, pp. 1-4.
 T. -W. Huang and M. D. F. Wong, ”OpenTimer: A high-performance timing analysis tool,” 2015 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD), 2015, pp. 895-902.
 T. -W. Huang, C. -X. Lin, G. Guo and M. D. F. Wong, ”INVITED: Essential Building Blocks for Creating an Open-source EDA Project,” 2019 56th ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2019, pp. 1-4.
 M. Chupilko, A. Kamkin and S. Smolov, ”Survey of Open-source Flows for Digital Hardware Design,” 2021 Ivannikov Memorial Workshop (IVMEM), 2021, pp. 11-16.
To ensure uniformity of treatment among all contributors, other forms may not be substituted for this form, nor may any wording of the form be changed. This form is intended for original material submitted to AJCT and must accompany any such material in order to be published by AJCT. Please read the form carefully.
The undersigned hereby assigns to the Asian Journal of Convergence in Technology Issues ("AJCT") all rights under copyright that may exist in and to the above Work, any revised or expanded derivative works submitted to AJCT by the undersigned based on the Work, and any associated written, audio and/or visual presentations or other enhancements accompanying the Work. The undersigned hereby warrants that the Work is original and that he/she is the author of the Work; to the extent the Work incorporates text passages, figures, data or other material from the works of others, the undersigned has obtained any necessary permission. See Retained Rights, below.
AJCT distributes its technical publications throughout the world and wants to ensure that the material submitted to its publications is properly available to the readership of those publications. Authors must ensure that The Work is their own and is original. It is the responsibility of the authors, not AJCT, to determine whether disclosure of their material requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it.
RETAINED RIGHTS/TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Authors/employers retain all proprietary rights in any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the Work.
2. Authors/employers may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce The Work and for the author's personal use or for company or organizational use, provided that the source and any AJCT copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies AJCT endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale.
3. Authors/employers may make limited distribution of all or portions of the Work prior to publication if they inform AJCT in advance of the nature and extent of such limited distribution.
4. For all uses not covered by items 2 and 3, authors/employers must request permission from AJCT.
5. Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the Work in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use.
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
AJCT Copyright Ownership
It is the formal policy of AJCT to own the copyrights to all copyrightable material in its technical publications and to the individual contributions contained therein, in order to protect the interests of AJCT, its authors and their employers, and, at the same time, to facilitate the appropriate re-use of this material by others.
If you are employed and prepared the Work on a subject within the scope of your employment, the copyright in the Work belongs to your employer as a work-for-hire. In that case, AJCT assumes that when you sign this Form, you are authorized to do so by your employer and that your employer has consented to the transfer of copyright, to the representation and warranty of publication rights, and to all other terms and conditions of this Form. If such authorization and consent has not been given to you, an authorized representative of your employer should sign this Form as the Author.
AJCT requires that the consent of the first-named author and employer be sought as a condition to granting reprint or republication rights to others or for permitting use of a Work for promotion or marketing purposes.
1. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment.
2. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AJCT from any damage or expense that may arise in the event of a breach of any of the warranties set forth above.
3. In the event the above work is accepted and published by AJCT and consequently withdrawn by the author(s), the foregoing copyright transfer shall become null and void and all materials embodying the Work submitted to AJCT will be destroyed.
4. For jointly authored Works, all joint authors should sign, or one of the authors should sign as authorized agent
for the others.
Licenced by :