Call for Editor
Become the Editor of Development in Practice
AJCT is an international, peer-reviewed journal whose mission is to stimulate new thinking and ways of working related to development and humanitarianism globally. The journal brings together academic rigour and practical perspectives with knowledge of development, sharing ideas and experiences among practitioners, scholars, policy shapers, and activists.
We are currently recruiting for a new Editor/Editorial Team with a strong research background in Engineering and Technology s and a thorough knowledge of practice as well as the academic scholarship. We are looking for individuals/teams with experience working with practitioners, a real passion for the field and who will lead the way for future researchers and practitioners globally.
Becoming an editor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will extend your networks, promote the work that you are passionate about and be recognised as a leading figure within the Technical Community.
Here are the kind of attributes we are looking for in the new Editor:
- Active in the community with strong networks, particularly in the Global South and in practice;
- Confidence engaging with authors - researchers and practitioners – to encourage high quality submissions;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with colleagues.
The Editor is responsible for helping shape editorial policy within the generalist nature of the journal, as well as managing the manuscript review process and broadly championing the journal within the community.
Interested in Applying?
To apply, please forward your CV, a covering letter and a vision statement by email to our Portfolio Manager for Development Studies, Jacquelyn Fernholz (email@example.com). Your vision statement should be no longer than two pages and should cover:
- Where you believe the field is going, and the journal’s place within it;
- How you would work collaboratively with your editorial board;
- How you would maintain and increase the quality and diversity of submissions;
- How you would work with authors.
You can submit your interest through the google link also: https://forms.gle/jy7w9CZU7fbwhx5n8